Monday, January 22, 2007

Sweet dreams are made of these...


When I first saw this bedding, I knew it would be perfect for my little one. I must have looked at hundreds of patterns, colors and themes...but when i saw this, I thought it would be great for a girl or boy. The name of the bedding is rather appropriate for me, too...Latte. That's right...the bedding is named after coffee. Delicious, don't you think?

I love the little mobile, and the earth tones are down-to-earth yet vibrant. In my typical shabby-chic fashion, I will paint the artwork myself and maybe add personal touches, too. I'm hoping this look will carry over for the toddler years and maybe beyond. By adding new things as the baby gets older, I should be able to transform the look of the room without changing the main elements. The only aspect of this look that will be different will be the bed itself. I prefer a more antique furniture style, this is a bit too modern for me. At first, I thought I wanted white furniture, but now I'm leaning toward darker wood. It will match Maw Rice's antique vanity, and Mamaw Myrtle's rocking chair.

So, my main colors will be butter yellow(antique white), chocolate brown, rust/orange and light blue (look closely and you will see a bit of blue in the leaf patterns). I can add more blue if I'm having a little boy.

Aunt T is already working on an antique white blanket with earth-tone accents, it's absolutely gorgeous so far. Plus, Aunt Na Na is knitting a blanket, too...I'm not sure about the color on that one, but I'll love it regardless. Many thanks to Chris and Janet for the 'mommy' clothes you donated to me, and to Aunt Jan for my goodie bag and baby toy. I love you all very, very much.

As I get the nursery ready, I'll take pictures of my progress and post them here. Every day, my happiness grows along with my little precious one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the bedding. It is very cute and you. That's great you have people that will let you borrower their maternity clothes. I have not been so fortunate and I loaned all mine out from when I had maddax and never got any of them back. Boy they are expensive, so count your blessings on that one. I am so excited for you. You will be a wonderful mommy!!! So I know you are thinking of names, so please share.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

I know the girl's name for sure, but I'm still struggling with the boy name...will tell all in a future post ;)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I LOVE IT TOO!!!! I love it for my own room. :)
I am so excited, I can't wait!
And so tired of peoples willingness to share their opinions!! Dang!
PREGNANT WOMEN NEED ONLY POSITIVE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!!!
I love you Aunt Polly. :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love the bedding, it's really different! The artwork is quite cool too...though I'm sure by the time you get done adding your own creativity it'll be even better! Keep posting...I'm loving these little updates!

7:05 PM  
Blogger niakki said...

I love the bedding and it is so definitely YOU! Sylvie will love it also Im sure.

HUGS

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous and different from the same old typical nursery theme. I love it!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home