Monday, January 08, 2007

Yes sir, that's my baby

My first doctor visit was last week, and I now have the first photo for my baby's book.

But, unfortunately, I cannot show it to you as this POS computer refuses to upload it to blogland. *grumbling under my breath* So please be patient, family and friends. I will try to solve the problem soon. Let it suffice to say that yes, it was the most gorgeous baby ever, and I could actually see him/her waving to the camera. Like momma, like baby.

The ultrasound was fascinating enough, but the very best part of the whole visit happened when my doc used a small, walkman-like device in the office. She pressed it to my tummy, and I heard the most beautiful sound I've heard so far in my life...whoosh, whoosh, whoosh...that precious little heartbeat! That sound came from inside ME. I'm still speechless when I think about it. I could see the heartbeat on the ultrasound, but there was nothing like hearing it for the first time ever. Amazing.

Of course, they took a stunningly large amount of blood from me for initial tests. I just hope the results don't come back 'patient has irreversible airhead syndrome' and 'please refer for psychiatric evaluation'. I swear, my hormones have organized a hostile takeover of my body and all its parts, and I don't like it. I'll just have to remember that it's okay to cry at the drop of a hat, especially while flipping through radio stations on the way to work and accidentally pausing on a ripping rendition of Barry Manilow's 'Mandy'. Wow. I really am pathetic.

Still feeling great, except for the sleep lost making 1,534 trips to the bathroom each night. Hopefully, this will slow down soon...along with all the bizarre dreams I'm having. Example: I was looking toward my dad's house and noticed a helicopter hovering over the yard. There were men repelling to the ground, and they were armed. So I crawl around the edge of the woods, waylay one of the guys, and take his Kalashnikov. I then proceed to kill all the Iraqis in my dad's yard and shoot down the helicopter. I guess my clip was full. After all, I can't have a bunch of Iraqis trying to take over my dad's house, where would we go at Christmas?

Weird dreams aside, I'm not a violent person. Apparently, pregnancy hormones do a lot more than just grow a baby. They obviously make you adept with AK-47's.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you!!! I have weird crazy dreams, too. They have calmed down a lot, but get ready for more freaky dreams for a while. I dreamed about the people I had not seen in years over and over and doing things that were ILLEGAL!!! HA HA.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Oh Polly, you are so right about the heartbeat...Is that not the absolute coolest thing in the world to experience? There really aren't words to describe how it makes you feel...
Okay, I'm not even gonna comment on the dreams, other than to say, wish I could've watched all of the action!
LOVE YOU!
Melanie Jane

5:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Yes, the heartbeat is the best thing ever to hear. So special.
And for the dreams!!!
I had some fantastic dreams...obviously. :) I love your story. Yes, where would we go for Christmas? I love you. :)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home