Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Followup Report

What can I say?

Food, fun and best of all, friends.

Operation Girls' Night 2 went off as planned, except the Little Debbies went untouched. That's right...for some reason, we just didn't dive into the junk food. I suppose it could be that it's physically impossible to partake of a banana twin and talk without using the Heimlich maneuver. So, we just talked. With the exception of gallons of coffee, and my bag of beef jerky, no food was consumed.

However, we were consumed with all the antique malls in and around said undisclosed location. Here's a hint: If you are broke, and want to go shopping anyway? Go antiquing. Fun. Cheap. Nuff said.

Although we didn't eat a case of junk food, we did partake of some very good meals. Let me tell you about a little ole place called AP's Seafood. If you are ever in the area of Jacksonville, AR, and you want to get the best plate of seafood EVER, go there. Just do it. The last time I ate there was 15+ years ago, and it was kickin' good then. Plus, I snarfed down a huge platter of the biggest and tastiest crablegs I have ever experienced. All I can say is....shazam. I'm sure I gained 10 pounds over the weekend.

To my girls? Thanks, thanks, thanks for one of the funnest weekends ever. And especially thanks for all my pre-birthday gifts. You really do know how to make a girl feel spe-shul.

Final note: The Liverpool Rummy tie breaker will belong to none other than moi, myself, yo, I, me. Just letting y'all know ahead of time so it won't hurt your feelings too badly.

I LOVE YOU TWO CRAZY GALS!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blast too! As far as Liverpool Rummy tie-breaker. GAHH! I will be the champ! It's own!

betj

6:43 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I am so glad you had a good time. You ladies deserved it! Be glad you can get your friends together...I can't seem to do it anymore. Love you :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

You look beautiful! :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Keeping a connection with old friends is so important. Unfortunately it rarely happens anymore due to the busy nature of LIFE. Glad to see you keeping that connection--it will serve you well in the future my dear...

3:08 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

That sounds like such a great time--beef jerky YUMMY! banana twins are great too

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home