Friday, September 30, 2005

Time for a Break


As many of you already know, I have had a pretty stressful time the past few weeks, for more reasons than I care to admit. So, not a minute too soon, I will be taking a few days to get some much needed R & R. Also, I plan to accomplish a few personal tasks that have gone undone. And, fingers crossed, I hope to go on a fall fishing trip at least one day. I do not care if I catch a fish, I just want to get the opportunity to try. Wish me luck.

I have come across some random stuff that is of interest to me. This was posted on a website that I visit each day...and I must say, it gave me a huge laff. http://crossetteagles.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=Nest&action=display&thread=1127976096

I know, I know...sorry. I'm just too zombiefied to know how to make it into one little word to click.

Next, I found this while visiting dooce.com. http://www.venganza.org/
Apparently, the Kansas state school board is allowing the schools to include creationism in their repertoir. I am a person of faith, but I don't think our public schools are the place for religion to be taught. Whether you find the FSM theory funny or not, the author of the site does have a point. Plus, it's funny as hell to read.

Some food (no pun) for thought over the weekend....What do you think?

I will try log on occasionally and see what your impressions are. I suppose living in the Bible Belt will draw some interesting replies.

Peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger fairygirl701 said...

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO RAWK!!!

Love it!!! hahaha

4:32 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I think that is what people send there kids to christian schools for, not public schools unless they want to include all religion's creationism theories. just my opinion.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Sorry to be such a blogging slacker--busy and overwhelmed too!! I missed ya and hope you catch a mess of fish; if not just watch the water ripple and chill. I'll pretend I'm in the boat with ya; so throw in an extra pole and bait--okay?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

I read his halarious post and while taking a gander at his hate mail, noticed what seemed to be a universal constant; these people can't seem to spell worth a crap or organize their arguments. Also, there seems to be a standard flavor to the opening gist of every reply, i.e. "How dare you?!" Seems this idea that exercising one's freedom to think independantly is strictly a no-no as far as these people stuck in the 50's are concerned.

4:24 PM  
Blogger ginger said...

I just love that picture of you. Classic!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. 1 lost season is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home