Friday, September 02, 2005

Count Your Blessings

As you all may have noticed, I haven't been posting very often lately.

Well, okay...I admit, I have been delinquent.

But it is for a number of very good reasons:

Ashley county has been flooded (no pun) with hundreds of victims fleeing hurricane Katrina. Since I work a a radio station, that means we have been innundated with calls to pass on useful information. That, in addition to our ridiculously busy first football game broadcast week, has left me no time to EVEN log on and check my mail.

I serve on the Crossett Chamber board, the United Fund of Ashley County board, and the Kiwanis Club. Each one of these organizations have called no less that 4 gazillion emergency meetings to help the evacuees here in Crossett.

I have been humbled this week by the faces of the people displaced from their homes, possibly forever. Many of them don't have a home to return to. Countless more have family and friend who remain unaccounted for. They have nothing....NOTHING. They need jobs, homes, schools, healthcare. We have been helping them here in Crossett, but it's literally just a drop in the bucket of destruction left in the wake of Katrina.

If you want information, or if you want to help, log on to our website and click the evacuee link. There are other links to help you locate relatives, send help, or get a glimpse of what's really happening down in NO. It's a war zone, right here in our country. God help those still trapped down there. I won't be able to really enjoy my holiday weekend knowing there are little children and the elderly dying in NO. If you pray, please ask God to have mercy on our country. And when you take a hot bath, or drink water from the faucet, or sit in the cool of your home, be thankful.

www.qliteradio.com


1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Thank you for noticing something bad happened this week. I just surfed thru several blogs I keep up with and shut them down in disgust after reading a few lines of trivial crap written in some kind of clueless vacuum. Hats off.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home