Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sex and the Country

When the sixth and final season of Sex and the City (hereafter referred to as SATC) aired on HBO, I wept. Literally...for days. I would dread Sunday nights and the inevitable void SATC's departure left there.

No more fabulous Manolo's to drool after, no late night dinners with the mysterious Mr. Big, no more waiting with bated breath to see what haute coutour creation the characters would be wearing. It was like having my New York umbilical severed...

I have never been to New York, but watching SATC made me feel as if I know the city all ready. Carrie once referred to the city as 'her boyfriend'. Indeed, it was the silent character and backdrop for one of the funniest, truest and most moving television shows to ever grace the screen.

But now, thanks be to the gods of all things fashionable and funny, I can now relive each and every moment of all six seasons! You see...my dear girlfriend, B, has never partaken of all the wonder that is SATC. So, starting tomorrow night, we will embark on the first of several SATC All-Nighters. She has procured seasons one and two of my blessed SATC, and we will, in all our pajama-clad bliss, watch episode after episode until our eyes just can't take anymore.

Add chinese take-out (a al Miranda) and a blender full of mudslide, and you have one heckuva big-girl bunkin' party. Besides, what better way to forget about all our probs for just one night, and live vicariously through the Fab Four? Oh, no...these are no Beatles...these are my girls! Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and my beloved salty Samantha are all butterflies....lovely.

Even now, I am supressing a screech of delight at the thought of seeing each and every episode without interruption. And, may I suggest...if you have not seen SATC, grab a friend, and plan an all nighter of your own. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed, and you will see that even girls in NYC have the same problems as we all do...men, money, marriage. But what I love most is their unconditional friendship, and how they stick together through the good AND the bad.

SATC is coming to the country, my friends! My country house, that is...and the country ain't never gonna be the same.

Look for SATC All-Nighter pics on my site next week! All photos appear from www.hbo.com

8 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

I watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE on Netflix. It was wonderful. I cried and mourned all over again when I was done!! Have fun!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

You are going to have a blast!! That is such a good idea! I might have to get my friends together and do that! I Love Sex and the City!! :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That was my all time favorite show. I am still sad that it is gone, my sunday nights are still not the same. That sounds like so much fun. Great idea!!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

omg. i had the worst withdrawals ever when it was over. i sat and stared at the tv with tear filled eyes for about an hour after the final episode reliving the whole thing. i've tried so many times to pick a favorite episode and i simply can't do it. although the episode when samantha turned lesbian was quite hysterical.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

the last episode made we weep also...miranda was the one that really got me.

the show was fabulous and i still miss it. not sure about my favorite episode either...i really do love the last one. i think the women were absolutely fabulous.

you're going to have so much fun!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

One of my favorite episodes occured when they girls flew to the West coast to Carrie's book review.

They rented a car, which Carrie couldn't drive, and managed to find a guy that sold 'imitation' Chanel bags from the trunk of his car. Carrie and Sam roll up, and walk down an alley...when they get to the end there is a fence containing a huge, barking doberman. Carrie screams, and it is hilarious!

Then they go to the playboy mansion, and Sam accuses one of the 'bunnies' of stealing her fake Chanel. Tooooo funny.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

the cali one is SO GOOD!!!!

i also totally heart the one when miranda found steve's mom eating from the garbage and had to bathe her. was that the finale? i bawled my eyes out!! and her wedding at the very end when she forces samantha to talk about her breast cancer and they're all fighting back tears. :(

2:12 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Oh god wasn't SATC the BEST!! B is gonna wonder why she wasn't watching it this whole time!!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home