Monday, August 01, 2005

Trees, Wheels and T-Rex

When I saw this pic, I just had to use it for today's entry.

Have YOU ever literally ridden till the wheels fall off? I feel like this today. Nuff said.



Worked ALL day Saturday, outside (****HOT*****), so I didn't have much of a break this weekend. Not only that, but my sleep is all jacked up...wake up at 2, 3, 4...and having some crazy friggin' dreams to boot.

Last night? I dreamed of huuuuuuge trees...I was walking down a road through a forest. Everywhere I looked, there were these gi-normous trees, and I 'm not talking sequoias. These were our typical indigenous trees, like oaks, maples, etc. Except they were LIKE SKYSCRAPERS....and there were people in the trees, lumberjack-esque guys, standing here and there looking up at the monolithics wonders. But nobody was cutting them, or disturbing them. They were just marvelling at them, saying things like, 'I could cut a 10 foot wide board from this tree' and 'I have never seen anything like this.' When I woke up, it all seemed very Jurassic Park. I kept expecting T-Rex to rip the roof off the house and gobble me up like a Scooby snack.


Which reminds me of a childhood recurring dream. I was fascinated with dinosaurs from the age of 7 on. I read every dinosaur book I could get my hands on, so I had dinos on the brain. I kept having dreams that a T-Rex was loose in Milo, and he was stalking ME. In my dream, I could hear him lumbering up the road, searching for me, his next meal. It was dusk, and I ran from my house and wound up in a field, in a pavilion sort of thing, octagonal in shape with an opening in the center of the roof. I scurried inside and hid in the darkest corner I could find, praying that I wouldn't be devoured alive. Then....BOOM..........BOOM.....BOOM...HE WAS APPROACHING! I was frozen with fear....then his head appeared over the narrow roof. T-Rex looked directly at me, and said.....

"Burt."

That's it. No chomping of bones, no squishing me with his huge feet.

I'm insane, I know. But I was just wondering if any of you dream experts can give some insight on T-Rex and trees, and what they mean in dreams. BTW...haven't had the T-Rex dream in many, many years.

Today has been kinda surreal. It's Monday, alright.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger fairygirl701 said...

OMG!!! I would have the same T-Rex dream! He would be coming after me and I would be running just fast enough to stay ahead of him and hide. This dream bothered me enough that when I was awake I would plan places to hide like the deep freeze(which then I was afraid I couldn't get out), or the washer or dryer. I wonder if his weight would squish them? Probably.

I also would dream he would come smashing through the movie theatre and I would hide under the seats. And then he would go back and forth so I had to crawl under the seats to get away. Stressful dream!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I looked up your tree dream and this is the impression I got:

Dreaming of trees symbolizes new hopes, growth and desires. The fact that they were towering means your aspirations and hopes are very high. It also implies strength and stability. You are concentrating on your own self-development and individuation.

I also looked up our Dinosaur dream:

To dream that you are being chased by a dinosaur, indicates your fears of no longer being needed or useful. Alternatively, being chased by a dinosaur, may reflect old issues that are still coming back to haunt you. Hmmm....interesting

4:26 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

....Reynolds! Admit it! T-rex is the symbol of power and fear. Burt Reynolds, well........think about it! hehe

hint" You were never the same when you first saw him in that centerfold.

I'll shut up now.......

12:00 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

T-Mike - OMG! I vividly remember the layout he did for Cosmo...lying on that fur rug...hell, you couldn't tell where he started and the rug began! He was still sexy as hell tho. heeheehee

Rube - Fa sho...although he may HAVE blown the dismount, he may have stuck the landing, LOL.

Fairygal - WOW. That is all I can say about our recurring similarities. Thanks for sharing and for checking into their meaning. Fascinating, isn't it? But check THIS OUT...I was visiting with a friend today who told me that I have been on her mind alot lately, and she has been discussing trees this week. Hmmmmm...isn't that amazing? Hey...I want to send you an email, but can't locate an addy. If you don't mind, send me a note to gribblelite@yahoo.com so I can holla. I won't share your addy if you like. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I'll holla atcha!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home