Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Hero

Had a nice visit with my dad yesterday. That's him, sitting on his 88 Harley Wide Glide...it's getting a new electrical system right now, so we haven't ridden together in quite a while. I'm ready for another ride with my dad, after all, he is why I love bikes in the first place. Although he doens't burn rubber as much he used to, if I'm riding passenger, he will nail it to the road on takeoff just to remind me he still can. That is my FAVORITE part...



I always learn something when I go visit dad, usually about myself and why I am the way I am. And such was the case yesterday. I definitely am my father's daughter, and I count this a blessing. The only thing I hope NOT to inherit from him is his hairdo...you can't tell fromt the pic, but dad is bald.

As we talked yesterday, the conversation never lagged or became repetitive. We talked about family, and upbringing and good and bad. That is why I love my dad so much...he never sugar coated one thing while teaching me right from wrong. He laid it all out, and let me decide for myself.

Looking forward to a good time this weekend. My brother and his family are coming for a visit, and there will surely be a "pickin''. I'm not referring to vegetables, I'm talking about guitars! I'll take lots of pics to post next week of the jam session.

Oh...btw...my dad, my uncle and some friends played at a local "club" in town last night. I wonder if they brought the house down? I'd better call and be sure I don't need to bail him out of jail....LOL...JUST KIDDING, DAD.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaye said...

Being able to lay things on the line--both sides--then let you decide for yourself is the HARDEST thing a parent can do. I can lay things on the line. I can be blunt about both sides. I just can't get that 3rd part down--I want to decide for them too; to help them avoid pain. But you know what, it never works out my way because ultimately they DO decide for themselves and the decision you push is usually the opposite one they choose. He is not only a Hero, but a very wise man.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

You got that right, Gaye...

He never fails to 'tell it like it is' and I thank him for that.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

he sounds great...i think it's wonderful when we truly know what we have in our parents and appreciate it.

what a cool dad!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home