Thursday, July 07, 2005

Gimme three steps...

Busy just doesn't do justice in describing this week. Two words? Little League. Nuff said.

We have a state baseball tournament coming to our town tomorrow, with a whopping 32 teams in attendance. Southeast ark-in-saw ain't never seen nuthin' like it.

When things are busy like this, I want to run away. Honestly, I do...run from the chaos. Although I have recovered from my previous rant, I'm squirrelly beyond words. I'm just waiting for a break in the action, then WWOOOOSH! I'm gonna jet. Perhaps if I word on my resolve, I'll make it one more day.

Me and Boo are looking to escape the rat race soon...maybe take a long weekend and stay in a houseboat on Lake Hamilton. No phones, no tractors, just me and thee.

Gimme three, and I'm gone yo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Come and see us anytime!! Memphis is very close, so is water to play in!! Love you!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have a nice, although spread out in the hot sun, facility for baseball and softball. However, where in tarnation are 32 teams going to find places to stay in Crossett. Oh and then there's the parking at the complex. eeeewwwwwweeeee glad I don't have to be there!

I feel for you having to be in the middle of all the chaos. Dress cool, drink lots of fluids and wear your sunscreen! Try to have fun!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

Thanks, niece for the invite! I want to come see your new house. Your mom said it's gorgeous.

Thanks, anon...this truly is a great thing for Crossett, but it will just take a while to get errything completed. I have heard tell that folks are staying as far away as Greenville! Gonna be a loooong weekend :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Monticello, Eldorado and Star City were full?? That is crazy! Greenville seems far away from Crossett to me...dang

5:38 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

I know! But think about it...

32 teams, times 9 players per team, times 2 parents (or 4) per player...it adds up!

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home