Thursday, June 16, 2005

The envelope please...

I'm on pins and needles today, my friends. Today is the day that we will find out, here at the radio station, if we will get the rights to broadcast sports for a local school district. We obtained the rights 3 years ago, but now it's time to re-up.

When we first took on broadcasting local high school sports, I had NO idea how much fun it would be. I also was surprised to find out the amount of time, energy, and downright dedication it requires. But I can honestly say, it has been one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever done.

There is something magical about high school sports, something ageless. And getting to be a part of that momentum is nothing less than spectacular. You get to plug in to that energy and ride the wave of excitement...it makes me actually feel YOUNG again.

But perhaps the most rewarding aspect has been getting to know the coaches and staff, admin, teachers, players, cheerleaders, band members, parents...you all have enriched my life greatly with your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your talent. I am humbled that you have allowed us to represent you for these past 3 years. And I sincerely hope that we will be given the opportunity to sign on again. Otherwise, Friday nights just won't be the same.

I'll keep y'all posted on the results...keep fingers crossed until you hear from me!

3 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

Congrats!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

Thanks! Whew...we're in for another 3 years. So it's off to the sideline we go...

7:20 AM  
Blogger ss said...

That's the only place to be at a football game!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home