Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Cynic's Corner

I know I have been seriously delinquent with my posts of late, and for that I apologize. I have not been following the good rules of blog etiquette. I should be ashamed of myself.

But I'm not. Why? Because my new motto of late is 'devil may care'.

That's right, friends. I officially don't give a crap about anything, period.

I have spent the majority of my life trying to be the best damn person possible. I have been big-hearted, generous and truly concerned for others, and I have tried to help. Really, I have done my dead-level best to make this world a better place to be. I am not bragging, I'm simply telling what I truly thought was my lot in life, and, somehow I have endeavored to be a bright cheerful person in spite of it all.

My jaded point of view, however, has been attempting to rear it's cynical head for quite some time now. But, somehow, I have managed to hang on to my positivity through sheer grit and determination.

Well, I am now tired...I mean fed-up-with-everything weary. I'm not trying to blame anyone or anything for how I feel, unlike the majority of people on the planet. Although the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, nobody seems to mind a bit. Bad people live in relative comfort and seem to thrive, and we honest people with good hearts and even better intentions? We get jerked around, lied to, used up, taken for granted. How did things get so twisted?

I don't want to sue anyone for money I don't deserve.
I don't expect to win the lottery anytime soon.
I don't blame my parents, teachers, or a minister for my failures.
I don't want to be placated or patronized.

I...just...want...a...break.

I just want to see a little bit of turn-around from all the good things I've tried to contribute throughout my life. I thought, if I was patient enough, that some of that good would come back to me. So far? Nada...zip....nought. Lately, my life has become a series of disappointments. Boo-hoo, I know. Poooooor me.

So, all you happy people out there? Rejoice. Enjoy your fleeting comfort, because it won't last. Do you think I'm being mean? Not at all. I'm just giving you fair warning. Because sooner than later, your life is gonna fall off in the ditch. I suggest you go buy a sweet chain, you're gonna need it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

"Bad people live in relative comfort and seem to thrive, and we honest people with good hearts and even better intentions? We get jerked around, lied to, used up, taken for granted. How did things get so twisted?"

wow. i couldn't have said it better myself. this is exactly what made me post what i did today. we are definitely on the same wavelength.

and i know you don't want pity, but i know how you feel ... and i'm sorry you have to deal with crap. one of these days, the bad people will feel bad and the good people will feel good. until then, well ... i don't know what to do until then but hope that i'm right.

HUGS TO YOU!!!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

Shit. I hate that you are tired. I wish there was something I could do. Let me know if there is, okay?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

ladies: thank you all for giving me a moment of your time today. i guess if anyone screams loud enough, somebody will eventually listen. LOL...I'm pathetic.

Touche, bro. On everything...
Sometimes I do get pitiful my own self, so I know you are right. I, too, often look around me to see how good I really do have it. And I don't ever have to look very far at all. Thanks. Just struggling today, and will be the rest of this week I'm sure. Those lovely anniversaries are soooo fun.

Saturday week, huh? Hot dam, there's agonna be uh pickin'! Yay, now I have something to look forward to! Make 'aste, bro. And as always, all comments welcomed and appreciated! Love you ;)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I hope your life gets better, I hate to read this. I love you and I wish I could help, please call me if you need me. However, I do disagree with your last paragraph.

8:03 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I think everybody, including me, has been in a "funk" lately...*sigh* I hope things get better soon.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

I don't see you wanting pity--rather telling it like it is. Just because someone else has it worse than us doesn't mean we have to be content with what we consider misery. Although looking at the big picture does help keep things in perspective. I guess what boggles my mind more than anything else is why oh why is it so hard for people to be nice to one another--I simply don't understand it...

9:29 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

Gaye...you brought out another key point. Why are people so mean to each other? Are we so wrapped up in our own problems that we simply can't relate to the misery of others?

Whenever I can't see someone's point of view, I always put myself in their place. Then, I begin to understand. Sad part is, most of us just don't have the time and energy to expend 'relating' to others. *sigh*

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home