Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Caption This

Okay, boys and girls! Time to drag out your collective opinions and tell me...

What thoughts come to mind when you see this picture?



This was sent to me via email with a group of photos (photographer unknown). There were a slew of great photos, some hilarious, some shocking, some, well....just gross. But this, ah.....this is provocative, and not by way of T & A.

Nowadays, you get some many differing opinions on how women are viewed, how they are treated, blah-blah-blah. What do YOU think?

Here's my take in a nutshell. Many people claim that women are overlooked, overworked, under paid and under appreciated. This IS a man's world...but aren't we all responsible for whom and what we are? Some women choose to use 'what God gave them' to make a living. And therein lies the controversy. The fact is, when most men are faced with a good looking woman, they will dissolve into jelly. Their resolve is linked to something so primal, that it literally disintegrates when they get an eye full. So some smart person, somewhere decided to capitalize on the female form. And guess what? Willing females from ALL WALKS OF LIFE came running...they aren't stupid, they know they will make hella money.

I figure if a smart, self possessed female capitalizes on her looks as a means to extort money from gawking successful males, SO WHAT? Sounds to me like she's using her head for something besides a hat rack, and getting paid in the process. I don't believe in the exploitation of women on ANY level, but I think it's time for us gals to realize just how smart and well-armed we really are. And for all working girls out there, whether you are shaking that money maker, or running a corporation, be happy and love yourself. You have all the power of the universe at your disposal...just ask that guy sitting next to you.
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Ha!!!!! Too funny uncle! I agree with you Polly.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

P.S. I think you are a very good looking man Anka.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

LOL @ Reuben and Bob!

You can always count on a 'real' guy to tell the truth.

One of my customers told me once, that if he were born a woman, he would be a millionaire by now...LMAO

I guess I'm just not cut out for the entertainment industry...

Hooter minimum....ROTF

5:43 AM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Amen Polly!!! If you've got it, flaunt it--that's what I say! If flaunting it can bring in a paycheck; more power to ya!! Hooters attire is not exploitive--girls wear those sorts of things everyday around town, the house, etc. I don't like anyone telling me or my girls what to do with our bodies--we, as women should be proud of our physical appearance as well as our intelligence!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

so...don't tell my husband b/c i yell at him when he even jokingly suggests we eat at hooters...but i say, you go, girls!

my mom always said she's glad i was always thinking i needed to lose weight b/c gawd knows how i would've dressed...

hehe :)

look, if the woman are willingly working at hooters and you're not cute, then don't get mad at them for working there...get a makeover! that's what i would say to the poster woman!

6:44 AM  
Blogger MRCLEAN said...

I personally do not like Hooters...but I do not see a problem with a woman who willing goes to work there.They are using their "talent" just as a professional athelete uses theirs.Most of those anti-social womens rights drum beaters do not have the required "talen" to work there so they get mad, haha.

7:51 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

I agree... confident women should be able to utilize whatever they want. Some girls... girls who need validation, though, should be careful. These are the ones who get sucked into the bad stuff.

But women and men who use all they've got are going to be successful!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

ROTFLMAO @ Bizzob...

Lawd, you are the man when it comes to 'comparisment'.

I cannot imagine retiring at 30....gahhhhhhhhh! *sigh*

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

great post! my mama taught me well b/c i definitely fall in the if you got it, flaunt it percentage of the population. while i may not wear revealing shirts and daisy dukes every day, i know my boobie shirt didn't hurt my chances of getting my driver's license. women are beautiful ... period. that's why we'll rule the world one day. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Women are who they are, beautifull, not so beautifull, fat, thin, smart, stupid, manipulative, nieve, bitches, angels, angry, happy, sad, indifferent, tall, short, big boobed, flat chested, gay, straight, blonde, brunette, red head, curly, straight, etc....

You do what you can with what you have.

And it all applies to men as well.

If I had male supermodel qualities, I can assure you I'd milk them for all they were worth. I do not have male supermodel qualities.......so I milk what I DO have for all it's worth.

You can either let life exploit you, or you can turn the tables and exploit it. You can celebrate the wonder which is you, or you can bitch and moan and let the bitterness of it all consume you.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.......lol>

7:17 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Hey, we've got to even the playing field however we can! Nothing wrong w/earning money off of men's libido!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home