Friday, September 09, 2005

A Family Divided

I need your help, blogworld.

This is Kenyante Brianca Brown. Her mother, Qu'zeena Mamon is an evacuee here in town, along with her four sons and her mother.

At the time the hurricane hit landfall, Kenyante was visiting with her father. Qu'zeena and her four boys fled the flood waters by climbing onto their roof until help arrived. They were rescued and came to Ashley county.

But they can't find little Kenyante. Hopefully, she was safely evacuated with her father, Kenneth John Brown.

Kenyante is four years old, and was last seen Saturday, August 27 with her father in New Orleans.

Please help us locate this little girl so she can be reunited with her family. I visited with her mom yesterday, and hugged her as she wept for her baby. Copy this picture and pass it on. If you get any information about her, post here on comments or visit www.qliteradio.com and send us an email. There are links to websites where family members are posting from around the country to let their loved ones know they are okay. We will have photos of little Kenyante there as well.

I will keep you updated on this family.

I will quote the Great Ruben...smile! Be thankful if your family is with you today, and make each day count.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Poor baby, that is terrible. I hope she finds her. Really makes me thankful for everything.

10:03 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Bless her little heart. I heard you talking about this woman and her daughter on the radio today. I hope they find each other...makes my heart hurt.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I will try to tell everyone here and maybe someone can help.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Have you went to the blog about Katrina? Fairygirl has it on her blog.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

Yeah, I checked it out...totally overwhelming *sigh*

Makes me one thankful gal.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

yeah, you can try putting her on the missing persons blogs. i don't know how helpful they are but it's worth a shot. i'll send it around to some peeps in case she ended up at the armory here in d.c. like 500 others.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Thanks for caring about people that George doesn't, RC.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home