Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm Sprung

Hello, strangers...

Today is the first day of spring, but it seems more like the-first-day-of-the-rain-that-has-no-sign-of-ending. The heat has been turned on out of necessity, and it feels good people.

In town this week watching my friend's print shop while she and fam are on spring break. It was so weird to actually get up and get ready for work this morning. What a bunch of aggravation, sheesh. Since November 17, 2005, I had forgotten the immense amount of prep work and spackling necessary to make myself presentable in public. I recently got all the dead frizzies cut off my hair, so I don't have to schedule a three round match with it just to get it to lie down, thus saving time. Thankfully, my friend runs a casual type business atmosphere, so jeans are allowed...hurrah!

I wouldn't say I have become lazy since quitting my job, but my needing to be in-the-know and my trying to be 3 places simultaneously no longer seems very important. I was so busy, at one time, that I had seriously considered offering my body to science to be the first ever human clone experiment. I had also considered looking more closely into time travel, but that cost too much. So I just quit my job instead. The demands of the job had been outweighing the benefits for quite some time, and I knew that there was no hope for improvement unless the job fairies finally walked off the picket line and decided to give me some well-deserved assistance. Again, no dice. Remember...if you believe in fairies, they believe in you.

So...I thought to gain perspective on my status, I have decided to make a list of things that I have been able to do since having become unemployed. Note: items marked with an asterisk have never before been done by me.

THINGS I HAVE DONE SINCE BECOMING UNEMPLOYED

1. Sleep like the dead...I mean sound sleep, y'all. *
2. Look for another job, fervently, to no avail.
3. Stop feeling guilty for having quit my job. *
4. Drink coffee with my dad...every day if I want.
5. Ride my motorcycle in the middle of the day.
6. Realize I don't need a tv or a phone, telemarketers be damned.*
7. Focus on my dreams in a real way...not just daydream.*
8. Have the ability to do spur-of-the-moment things with my family and friends.*
9. Shop at my favorite stores anytime...Kroger and the Dollar Store, oh yeah.
10. Go pond hopping with my sister.

I have realized that my contentment doesn't lie in toiling for someone else's dreams. These simple things listed above are prime examples of what really does make me smile. I smile alot more now, too. I saw a couple of friends the other day, and they both said I looked more relaxed than they had ever seen me. Really? It's true...I am. And no antidepressants were needed, this time. Princess Cymbalta, move over.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gaye said...

Good for you!!! Knowing what's really important is amazing... some people go through their entire lives clueless. Good luck on the job search... I know there's something perfect out there just waiting for you...

8:33 PM  
Blogger j.c. said...

I love you so much and I love you for you, no matter if that means employed-unemployed.

You have seemed more relaxed and that can't mean anything but good times.

I am so glad you are back in blogland. We need some real women around!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

so glad to have you back!! it hasn't been the same without your comments. good luck in the job search but it looks like having some time to sit back and smell the roses has done you some good. no stress ... what's it like? i'm intrigued ... no, jealous. jealous is the word i'm looking for.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

To relax is heaven...

To be stress-free is divine...

To be broke with bills due? Shitty.

But, they cannot put me between two slices of bread and gobble me up, now can they? I shall pay when I am paid...LOL Gotta laff, beats the hell outta cryin! I'm still ridiculously happy :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

HHHHHEeeeeeeeeeyYYYY!!! So glad you are back! I will see you soon...for good!! :) Love you!

6:56 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Welcome Back!!

Sounds like you are actually stressfree for once. Glad you are able to enjoy yourself and move towards your dreams. That is so important!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home