Monday, November 14, 2005

Mundane Monday

Mundane? Yes. Unbusy? No.

Work continues to be very hectic, but for now I get a break since football season is over. We start basketball in the next two weeks, so I have to enjoy my brief reprieve.

This is my absolute favorite time of year, and my favorite month, so I was thrilled to sit on the deer stand for a few hours yesterday. Didn't see a thing, but the solitude, sights and smells of nature made me feel refreshed and more in touch with the things I love...the outdoors, beautiful scenery, and simple pleasures.

Finally got B's centerpiece done for her table. She bought an antique aluminum basket during the girls' weekend, and I made her a fall arrangement with flowers we purchased at Everything's a Dollar. It looks like a million, if I do say so myself. I love making pretty things on a budget, it...just...feels...so....satisfyingly....frugal. I guess I'm just a redneck Martha Stewart.

I fell 'off the wagon' and gorged myself on homemade oatmeal cookies last night. I swear, if I ate one I ate 15. I haven't had a sweet-binge in a long, long time. Plus, I almost drank a half gallon of milk along with it. So, I forgive myself here and now. Note to self: must drink gallons of water this week.

Still schemin' and dreamin'...working on a few things that I've always wanted to do. Who knows what lies in my future? So tell me...have you ever, or are your currently pursuing YOUR dream? Holla.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Homeade oatmeal cookies??!!!! Yum!!!!!!! I love November too, one of my favorite months. I guess you could say I am pursing one of my dreams... :)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you drank skim milk, it will cancel out the calories in the cookies - or at least that's my theory.

You asked about dreams. Sometimes, our dreams come true and it turns out it really wasn't what we wanted after all.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Until recently I did not know what my dream was/is. I am still waiting to see if this my true dream or just a phase. You would think after 33 years one would know what their dream would be...

7:41 AM  
Blogger j.c. said...

To be satisfied.

12:01 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Glad you got some good ol' relaxing time. I wish I was good at making things look good on a budget. I just don't have that "eye". I have to look at a BHG and do it exactly like that.

Someday I keep hoping my dream will be realized...someday...someday. I still believe it will!

10:38 AM  
Blogger saurav said...

May Peace
Hope and Love
be with you
Today
Tomorrow
and Always

Merry Christmas!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home