Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A World of Firsts

First doctor visit is tomorrow! (Updates will be forthwith following tomorrow's visit.)

Nervous, excited, hopeful...the only thing I'm NOT feeling is nausea. Hooray! The majority of women I've talked to say that had at least some sickness. But, so far for me? Nada.

And talk about becoming a complete airhead overnight. Sheesh, I embarrass myself with my cluelessness. Does this last through the entire nine months and beyond? I've heard people say they lost their minds after having kids, but in no way did I take that literally.

Please...someone tell me that I won't speak in broken, bubblegum popping sentences a la Britney Spears after the baby comes. Please, dear God, no.

I must say, the whole fam damily seems to be as ecstatic as I am. But I think they are feigning excitement in lieu of admitting the real truth...they just cannot wait for the 'baby' of the family to pay for her raising. That's right, people, I'm on to you. You are all sitting back, twiddling your collective thumbs, praying that I will deliver a hellion worthy of the title, Meanest Little Imp That Ever Lived. Well, I've got news...even if I do give birth to an imp, it will be the sweetest, cutest, most perfectly huggable imp, ever.

I'll try not to become totally engrossed in the whole baby process, blogwise. The new still hasn't worn off this thing, so be patient. I will temper my posts with something that is really interesting from time to time.

Like what fiber laxatives work best without giving you gas that repeats like a Howitzer.

2 Comments:

Blogger fairygirl701 said...

haha, oh man pregnancy constipation is the worst, and the gas the laxatives produce is just about as bad. I feel for ya there. Hey, I am learning ultrasound so anytime you want a sneak peek I need the practice!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

STAY AWAY FROM RAW BROCCOLI, CUCUMBERS, CAULIFLOWER...they are temptations from SATAN that will cause gas pains that almost make labor pains pale in comparison! HA! No really, when I was pregnant with Lijah (about 3 months) I thought I would pig out on the above veggies and I thought that my appendix was rupturing about an hour later! Just gas...
For the gas, nothing worked better for me than my OWN jumbo bottle of Cherry-flavored Mylanta, kept one on my nightstand and one in the fridge...for a cold treat! Ha!
Oh and for the BM (as Ma-bel would put it)for some reason, Welch's grape juice, red grape juice, lots of it...always did the trick.
Love you bunches!
Melanie Jane

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home