Thursday, March 23, 2006

Frozen Toes, Optional

As per usual, the transformation from winter to spring has be some what halting and just down-right annoying here in LA. (lower Arkansas) This makes planning one's clothing for the workweek a complete and total waste of time. 80 degrees in January, now 40 degrees the end of March. What up?

The daffodils and narcissus have already bloomed and died, and now the jasmine is in full bloom which normally is the signal that spring has sprung. I think, however, that spring turned around and crawled back into bed. I can appreciate the luxury of sleeping in from time to time, but dag! I'm ready to go fishing, and wear strappy sandals...instead, I'm sitting inside an office, heater kicking, toes frozen in spite of my boots. Does anyone know what the groundhog muttered when he emerged?

I need to buy a sunbed.

4 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Tell me about it! I'm drowning in this lake I call a yard over here!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

and an electric blanket or some of those pocket warmers....i actually retired my heavy coat weeks ago and damn it i ABSOLUTELY refuse to pull it back out. so yes, i am stubborn, coatless, and freezing my ass off. winter be gone!!!!!!!!

2:48 PM  
Blogger j.c. said...

get some of that new jergen's lotion! It darkens your skin the more you use it! It works to. Don't put that pretty skin under those tanning lights!!!

WINTER NEEDS TO LEAVE!! I want to wear my open toe shoes, damn it!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Love those shoes; can't get enough! But nothing is better than good ole barefeet on cool grass...

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home