Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Everything

"The older you get, the more quickly time passes."

Why is this so true? This past year was nothing more than a blur. Now another year is looming, and I'm still not really sure how I muddled through the last one.

Did I really make that many changes in my life for the better, or did I get caught up in the day-to-day grind like so many years past? Was I thankful for the moments with family and friends, or did I squander the time by letting negative influences take away my joy?

One thing is certain for the coming year....change.

And, boy oh boy, do I have some changes coming my way. BIG changes that I never thought would happen...but oh-so-happy changes that have me so giddy I cannot stop grinning.

I'm going to be a mother.

I'M GOING TO BE A MOTHER!!!

I keep telling myself this over and over, and still it doesn't seem real. But it is, and I am, and it's wonderful. The part of me deep down inside that wanted so much to know the feeling of loving a child of my own had been locked up for such a long, long time. But it was set free in an instant the day i found out why I had been feeling so weird, so different, so sleepy.

So with this new blessing, I will choose happiness for the coming year. How could I not? It is an humbling and truly wondrous gift that I have been given, and I will be careful to savor every moment from now on...I will welcome the changes, and be thankful for them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! I know you will enjoy the hell out of it.
Neal

3:20 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful new sweetie, I am so happy for you.

9:36 PM  
Blogger j.c. said...

It is so not sunk in to me yet that you are actually expecting! sorry if i haven't been around much. i hope that i will see you soon. before long we will be throwing baby showers!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home