Friday, January 12, 2007

The Blue Period.

Recently, I looked back at some of my first entries on this website. And to my chagrin, most of the stuff I wrote was just so....well, serious. I suppose I was going through some sort of reflective/depressed period in which writing down my thoughts for all the world to see would somehow help me muddle through whatever crisis I was enduring at that time. So, I guess all my shameless spewing must have served some purpose, didn't it? Let's call it self-therapy...and please don't think I'm discounting all the wonderful words of support from friends. You helped me more than you know.

No doubt, I went through some rough stuff, i.e. the loss of my mother, several failed relationhips, blah-blah-blah. But, gahhh! I was such a wallower. Maybe I'm being too critical of myself, but I'm just. so. bored. with negativity. It's embarrassing to realize I was so weak minded for such a long time. Thankfully, that time in my life is o-vah. One thing I've learned is that I'm responsible for my happiness, and nobody else.

All my innocence is officially gone, the illusion is shattered, the pie-in-the-sky has fallen, and is cascading down over me like a sticky, sweet shroud.

So now, I will try my dead level best to look up, move forward, chin up, and be happy. After all, I have so much to be happy about. So I will bid farewell to my blue days, and look forward to sunny days coated in yellow, orange and red...and leave the depressing stuff to someone else. I have better things to do, like get a nursery ready for my precious little somebody. Bye-bye, blue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I love it! You deserve to be wonderfully happy. :)
I can't wait for that precious baby to get here! ;)

10:52 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

nothing to be ashamed of at all! You were expressing your thoughts and you had alot of thoughts to sort out. We never thought you were whiney! lol

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home