Thursday, January 13, 2005

Daydream

I have reached a turning point
I awoke to finally realize how foolish I have been
It was just a daydream, and now the sun is rapidly setting...
I could not have handled this realization before
The hollow space shouts from inside me
But I am strong now...
It doesn't matter that you touched my soul
It doesn’t matter that you made me want to be a better person
It doesn’t matter that I wanted to give you the best of me
It doesn’t matter that my heart bears no semblance to a vessel where love resides
I want to scream, I want to cry, I want to run away from here, from the memory
It could have been a living, breathing dream...
I didn't give up
I have now accepted what is so obvious.
You have made your choice
And your choice didn’t include me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Hey there, I hope you have put that past you. I will call you soon. Love you, Chris:) Some people don't deserve to get your attention.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home