Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Mid-week stretch...

Everyone is looking forward to another "holiday" weekend...but what I am looking forward to most of all is **************FIREWORKS!***************
I love fireworks! I love the cacophany of noise, the blinding flash, the acrid smell, the heart-jumping thrill of it all. I like to watch the big fireworks displays, but am equally happy to spark a few black cats with my friends. Key entertainment for us country kids included bottlerocket and firecracker "wars"...how we survived without losing eyes and fingers, I'll never know. But it was fun, and a little dangerous...and that combo is impossible to resist.
Even now, I want to stop by one of the big tents set up locally and purchase a few hundred dollar's worth.
Doesn't make sense to blow so much money on such a short lived thrill, does it? Many people have spent much more on things that give much less pleasure. So I will buy my fireworks as normal, and shoot my shotgun in the air at midnight as usual.
I have one request for everyone...please, please, please do not drink and drive. Stay home and party, or get a DD, or a taxi! Live to see another new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home