Monday, December 27, 2004

The Fall-Out

Christmas came and went...again. And I survived, again...LOL. My Christmas was very different this year than in years passed. I cooked a meal for my boyfriend's family, and met them for the the first time all in one day! It was kinda nerve-wracking at first, but it turned out fine. The whole weekend was a blur, really. So much to do, and no time to do it. But (hooray!) things are calmer at work, and we are gonna try to get outta here early this afternoon. The chaos surrounding the holidays this year has been staggering. I keep thinking that things will simplify the older I get, but it just gets crazier.
Got to see all my family...Daddy, Bob, Yvonne, Mitchell, Tammy, Randall, Chris, Aaron, Mamaw Mable. Henrietta is in Alabama seeing her girls and will be home later. My family is shrinking... I remember the days when chaos reigned. Kids running everywhere (12 in all, counting all cousins), presents stacked to the ceiling, Momma, Nanie and Mamaw cooking frantically to feed everyone. Now, it is so strange to step into the shoes my parents left behind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I am glad your meal at Brian's went well. I was thinking about you. I wish we could do our Christmas with aunt Nanie and all of her family. I guess every family goes through the transition. Family members pass, babies are born, (families stay at there own home for Christmas) and that leaves us...still gathering at our home ground just like always, for Christmas. That is where I want to be for christmas and I always will. I had a wonderful time with you last week. (and Brian) I wish you two the best. I love you ;)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home