Friday, April 27, 2007

Week 25

It's a good thing at least two of my kinfolk have Internet access, otherwise I couldn't post occasional blog updates, and more importantly, I couldn't keep up with what's going on over at http://dooce.com I hate to admit, but I have suffered withdrawal symptoms from not being able to get the scoop on all things Utah, but I feel better now. Thanks, Chris.

The past few unemployed weeks have been some of the best of my life. I have decided to keep a daily routine, which helps me be a more functional and normal human being. Did I say normal. Here is a sample schedule of my morning routine. I won't document the whole day, because I don't have time or megabytes to cover every scatter-brained moment.

6:00 a.m. - Hit snooze button...

6:09 a.m. - Hit snooze button again, only harder.

6:18 a.m. - Finally get up because it has been at least 30 minutes since I last peed.

6:20 a.m. - Stagger to fridge, pour large glass of milk and take prenatal vitamins. Start coffee pot and wait, impatiently. (Yes, I AM allowed 3 cups per day of caffeine. I don't drink sodas.)

6:30 a.m. - Get dressed in walking duds, while sipping first cup of steaming, delicious guilty indulgence with vanilla caramel creamer.

6:35 a.m. - Kiss B goodbye and look for first snack of the day. Cereal, banana, biscuit?

7:00 a.m. - Sit on couch, indulgently sipping coffee and eating. I will do this at least 15 more times today.

7:30 a.m. - Still trying to wake up, sitting on the couch, sipping second cup of coffee. And wondering why did those idiots at NBC didn't replace Katy with Ann Curry. I love Ann Curry. Who the hell is this Meredith chick? Also, what's up with Matt's hair? I smell Rogaine.

7:55 a.m. - Dragging bloated self from couch, heading to the door to meet my two walking buddies. For the next hour, I will waddle along for two whole miles while stopping for no less that three pee breaks. Thank God I live in the country.

9:15 a.m. - Sit on couch until further notice while enjoying the warm afterglow of brisk walking.

That's it. That is the extent of my daily obligations, for now at least. I keep telling myself that my self-indulgent freedom is ticking away, so I don't feel guilty for enjoying this time alone. I am having a wonderful time, visiting with family, planting flowers, and talking to my ever growing midsection. It's the calm before the storm, and I intend to soak it all in. Gotta paint a nursery soon.

Hope you all are well. Holler if you get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home