Monday, February 26, 2007

Lowdown on The Ill Nah-nah.

I was really hoping to break a world record during my pregnancy by being the second woman EVER to survive nine whole months of hormonal surges by never throwing up even once. My mom still holds the all-time title...she went through it four times and never felt better in her life. Sorry, mom. I caved under extreme viral pressure.

I blew (no pun) my chances this past Friday. No, it was not morning sickness. It was more like early-afternoon-stomach-flu-relief-by-spewing sickness. Which, by the way, was precluded by 386 trips to the pot starting at 3 a.m. the previous morning. I know all this sharing is making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Just make dang sure that feeling isn't mistaken for the bubble guts, because that will warrant a trip to the Dollar Store for more Angel Soft double rolls.

I know, I know....EVERYONE but everyone has already had the stomach flu this year. So what's the problem? I thought I would be totally immune because I use gallons of hand sanitizer and Lysol spray on a daily basis. Yet, somehow, the microscopic assassins made it through my defenses and laid waste to my digestive tract. How, you are wondering? Check this out...

http://biology.about.com/library/weekly/aa022400a.htm

and this...

http://biology.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html4ever/000211.Almanza.sanitizers.html

Oh shock and horror! You mean this stuff could actually increase my chances of becoming sick???? It is terrorist propaganda, I say!

I'm still gonna use the stuff though. One, because it makes me feel better; two, because it smells good, and; three, I don't think Pinesol shooters and a Haz-Mat suit would be a good option for me at this point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I am so sorry you were feeling ill. And I am the same way about hand sanitizers. I guess I will keep using them too... I love you!!!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home