Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Adieu, and adieu.

As some of you may already know, I'm taking early 'maternity leave' from my job. I had an opportunity to take a voluntary layoff because the company is downsizing, and I couldn't be happier. Right now I'm day dreaming of a vegetable garden, flower beds and Sylvi's nursery. Hopefully I will have the energy to accomplish these goals before I become too morbidly pregnant to waddle around and get things done. The weather is mercifully cool right now, so I can't wait to get outside and get busy. I think they call these pregnancy urges to clean and rearrange everything 'nesting'. Makes me sound like one of those broody old hens that momma had in the chicken yard so many years ago. No, I have not started clucking or scratching, or roosting in my back yard. Not yet, anyway.

I'm sure I will suffer withdrawals from my daily trips to the big city, but at least I won't face the daunting task of deciding what over-priced fast food to eat for lunch each day. I'll miss having daily morning meetings with the crew in the break room downstairs, and laughing my head off at their twisted collective senses of humor. One thing I will not miss is dealing with the innumerable glut of idiots who ring my phone off the hook on a daily basis. The sheer volume of rhetorical and pointless questions still swirl around in my head like a giant cyclone of feces. Mind numbing, I tell you.

Until next post, I bid you all a very fond farewell, for now anyway. I'm not really going anywhere...I'm just going home, sweet home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Everything happens for a reason, right? I am so glad you will be home! We can spend so much more time together!! :) I love you.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home