Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Super Duper Stupor

I cannot believe how remiss I have been in not mentioning the fact that our sleepy-fied little town now has a Super Wal-Mart. Yes, we are now on the map in SE AR. You can now see anyone and everything 24-7 at this big whopping expanse of retail bliss...and by anyone, I mean everyone whom you intended to avoid on your outing to said retail giant.

I have just come down with a friggin' cold/flu/crud that will require Nyquil or the generic equivalent. I have a giant cold sore rearing it's ugly self on my bottom lip, and I look like crap. Plus I need a few groceries to make some "this-will-make-me-well" soup and cornbread. And the way I feel, the fewer stops, the better. Thus, we witness the magical lull of the piper as he calls to us..."we knoooooow you feel bad, so make it eeeeeeasy on yourself...shop heeeeeere, we have eeeeeeverything." So beat me. I'm going to Super Duper to get in a shopping stupor.

Ooooooweeeee, I can even check myself out at the "checkerless" checkout. Now that is a totally de-personalized shopping experience if I ever saw one! No one to make small-talk with, no one to say, "what's that on your lip?" If I could just get some of that urban camo from the alien on "Predator", I could slip in and out, under the radar, undetected. But alas, no chance. I'll wind up seeing everyone on my dad's side of the family and at least 12 former classmates. But I don't mind, it gives me a chance to catch up, and whine about my cold sore. Ouch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

Oh! I hope you feel better! I love you!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home