Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Best Revenge

I have been thinking of how different my life has become over the past 6 months or so...and by differnt, I mean BETTER. And it's not just because of the man in my life (although that's a BIG bonus), or because I won the lottery, or because of any other esoteric reason. I have finally figured out who I am. *****laughing aloud, grinning*****
I thought about doing the "100 Things" about me and posting on here, and maybe I will eventually. But let it be said that I know today more about MYSELF than ever in my life. I'm not being humanistic or arrogant. It's like I have searched my whole life for the proverbial "holy grail", and shazam! here it is. It's called contentment. And let me emphasize that before, I really didn't want to get to know myself, because I didn't like me...AT ALL.

Some of you may say, "Listen to all that psychological mumbo-jumbo self re-enforcement bullshit." I beg your pardon...I didn't solicit the services of some "professional" to figure things out...I did it with the help of my many beloved family and friends. You know who you are...I won't put down real names so the innocent will be protected, LMAO...innocent. Heehee. How 'bout nicknames? Y'all try to figure it out...
T, Rammel, Poppa, Snick Snoid, 'Pell This, A-Rod, JMG and JEC, Onesassylady, Nurse Na-Na, Lawrence, Spot and of course, Boo. Can't forget Sivva-Luv and Kang both my Pappy's and Myrt...gone but not forgotten. And love to Nance and Jas for keeping family stuff alive. To all my cousin's and close-cousin's I never see, thanks for always being like we just parted yesterday. I am blessed beyond any fault or need that this life can throw my way. Thank you all.

I want to thank you all for standing by while I flailed and wallowed, making sure I didn't get too wrapped up in my bad choices. Thank you for your love, for listening, for ENDLESS hours of councelling, for your patience. And most of all, thanks for NOT JUDGING ME by the mistakes I made.I know I made plenty...over, and over and over.

And to all of you who
treated me badly,
spread false rumors about me,
used me,
kicked me when I was down,
wasted my time,
took me for granted,
made fun of me,
lied to me,
lied about me,
tried to buy my affection,
stabbed me in the back again and again,
led me down a bad path,
said you cared but didn't,
said you LOVED but didn't?

All you haters can kiss my very round, and very white ass...repeatedly. Let me tell you why. Because living well really is the best revenge, and living well I AM. Check this out, haters...
I am happy, reeeeeeally happy.
I love the best man on the face of this earth, and he loves me back.
I have a great job that is fun and (finally) pays well.
I have everything I could ever want.
I LOOK great (sorry, I do).
I FEEL great (sorry, I do!).
I have the best family in the world, period.
I am respected by my peers.

And best of all, NONE OF YOU CAN HURT ME ANYMORE. You chumps can't even SEE me, you dig? I love Petey Pablo's song "Roll Off"...listen to it. By the way, it's rap.

Thus ends todays rant and pick-me-up session. I hope all of you whom I love are laughing at this right now, and being happy along with me. And all you haters? Boo-hoo, punks.





4 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Play on, Playa! :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger ginger said...

Hey, both of our pics were in the paper this week!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

You go Polly! I had such a good feeling reading that. I am so happy for you!! I love you so much! I miss you and hope you come and see us soon, you and BB! ;)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have come along way since you first decided something wasn't right. I'm so glad that we have shared laughter and tears together! You have been a very positive person in my life, I love ya P--Yo girl, jeanne

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home