Thursday, May 12, 2005

10 Things for Which I am Thankful

It has been a tough week, for many, many reasons. So instead of a whine-fest (not to be confused with a wine-fest), I will post 10 things/people for which/whom I am truly grateful. In no particular order:
1. I am thankful for - My parents. They are the best, bar none, hands down. So don't argue. Two words? Consistent love.

2. I am thankful for - My health. I want to get old, but I 'm gonna keep it clean, keep it real. And I will do what I have to do to stay healthy...even if it means I can't have cathead biscuits every day. *sigh*

3. I am thankful for - My home place. I love my house, but I'm talking about the 40 acres where I spent my childhood. There is no place like Milo, anywhere. I know this because I've been around the world and back. I've seen ancient cities, white beaches, towering mountains...and nothing compares to the wind through the pine trees, the sun setting over the pond, the far-away call of the whipporwill, the sound of dad cranking the old massey ferguson. I can walk those woods with my eyes closed, and tell you of the times me and my mother picnicked by a certain tree. There's really no place like home.

4. I am thankful for - My family. Best and craziest on the planet...also, most hospitable and forgiving. I love y'all.

5. I am thankful for - My friends. I have a few very good ones, and for each of you I wouldn't take all the riches in the world...because YOUR friendship is more valuable.

6. I am thankful for - Freedom. I am, the number one, bona-fide, biggest fan and patriot of this great United States. Yeah, we ARE great. And I won't tolerate ANYONE belittling or insulting this great nation or the flag which represents her. Too many people have died on the field of battle to ensure that I have the PRIVILEGE, not THE RIGHT, to live here. Being an American is a privilege, and I'm proud to be one. Too many people confuse rights and privileges.

7. I am thankful for - The Creator. He made a way for me to look beyond this life I live now, through his Son. And His Holy Spirit ministers to me daily. I am thankful for having the faith to believe in the unseen, and to enjoy the confidence of being something greater when this life is though. It's really exciting to think about!

8. I am thankful for - My job. I have met so many awesome people through my job, and it enriches my life immensely. I am fortunate to have an occupation like this.

9. I am thankful for - Second chances. I have messed up in my life so many times it's embarrassing. I have made bad personal choices, extended my heart to the wrong people, invested time and energy in dead-end situations, acted careless when I should have been diligent...blah, blah, blah. But, thankfully, we all get a do-over. *whew*

10. And finally, I am thankful for - Music. What a gift! Music transcends all ages, nationalities, and creeds. Everywhere you go, you can find music...whether it includes voices, instruments or both. Music is not only, worldwide, it's universal. One day, I'm gonna sing "a new song". I can't wait.

Hope you enjoyed my list. Holla!

3 Comments:

Blogger Geekbird said...

i rule the universe

1:22 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

We all need to stop every now and then and take the time to be thankful. I thank God everyday for "do-overs"--whew!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

what a great list!!! i might have to steal this idea for an upcoming post

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home