Monday, April 18, 2005

The countdown...

It's Monday, and possibly one of the longest work weeks in history is about to follow. Why? Because I am going on vacation Friday, therefore each day this week will seem like a friggin' eternity! Me and my friend B are going on our second cruise. We went 2 years ago, and vowed that we would go again at the ripe age of 40. Well, we decided that was too long to wait. And I'm glad, because I need to get outta town...outta country...outta here. I don't think I have ever needed a vacation more...I have lots of stuff on my mind, and need this time to sort it out...stuff I have been shelving until this trip. Stuff like long-term goals, priorities, relationships. I need a clear head to think this stuff through.
I spent my entire weekend cleaning my house and my car...I guess you could attribute this to "spring fever", or the need to make things like new. As busy and stressed as I have been lately, it seems like I would have found something relaxing to do for my only 2 off days. But not me. I do my best work when I'm stressed or under pressure...just ask my friend, B! *wink*
So here's the question for the day...how do you function under pressure? Whether it's work, play, home...when extreme pressure is applied, do you freak out, run away, or become alarmingly calm? Just curious...


3 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Oooh, a cruise. I'm jealous!

I become superfocused under pressure; there have been a few times when I was under immense pressure that was almost unbearable - then I panicked somewhat, but I always force myself to get the job done. I like having a little pressure, but not a lot of stress.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Gaye said...

OK first I freak out, imagine running away, become nauseous; all the while remaining alarmingly calm on the outside!!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

I am so jealous!! You guys have a BLAST!!! I know you will!!

In very stressful situations (like extemely busy traumas in the er) I do my best work. I become a machine and calmly get things done asap. I am the queen of multitaking anyway and that is when those attributes count the most.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home