Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Oooohhhh, Mexico.....

James Taylor wrote that song. I know just how he feels, because I just returned from there. Rustic, humid, exotic, captivating...it was all those things. But no sooner had I reached the friendly confines of my home county, the magic disappeared, just like a wisp of smoke.
Vacations are great, blessed things. If only there were some way to bottle the effects they render, to recapture some of the wonder and excitement of travelling to a new place. But, sadly, this isn't possible. You can look at the pictures, you can watch videos, but nothing can reproduce the euphoria of travel.
I used to travel alot more, and I miss it. I miss the stimulation and excitement of going somewhere new for the first time, of meeting new people. It's like letting my mind 'stretch it's legs', so to speak. I will just have to be diligent, and not let my mind get weighed down with worry and concern. I will find a way to be on permanent vacation. Then I will sell the idea and get ridiculously wealthy. Hahahaha!

1 Comments:

Blogger Reality Chick said...

LMAO...nooooo, I meant in a legit way....jeeeezzzz. You so crazy...isn't permanent vacation an album title for Aerosmith or something? Maybe Van Halen....they were both into drugs back in the day.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home