Monday, March 28, 2005

No Title

I am posting this today in honor of someone I miss dearly. No doubt the holiday this past weekend has put me thinking of ones whom I miss, family and friends. But none more than my beloved Mother. God please allow me to be even half the example she was...I miss you Momma.


The sun pales in comparison to her inner light,
she is luminous, and shadows flee from her glory.

Her arms encompass all that come near,
Embracing with an endless strength not born of man.

The ones who come to her are met with graciousness,
Never turned away, but bathed in acceptance.

So blessed are those who called her wife, daughter, mother, friend,
For there is no other like her in all of creation.

She is now transformed beyond imagination,
Radiating in the presence of eternity.

I can still feel her, beside me, speaking softly,
Her hands resting on mine, I'm not far away she says.

What can we do but beg for strength?
For no one should have to bear the pain...

To exist without my heart and soul,
I will never cease to marvel at my mother.

--P.B., March 28, 2005

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

I love you, that was beautiful. I miss Granny too. I know she is watching over us. :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

That is a beautiful poem...I'm sure your mother would love it.

11:35 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

Polly, you have such talent! When I got to the bottom I was thinking this was written by some famous poet... wonderful and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing it with us.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis, you never cease to amaze me!! That's the best you've written yet, so perfectly MOM!! Except for the "Ode to Pa" you wrote Dad years ago. Yes, you are the most talented person I know, and I can say that cause I've know you the longest!!! Ha!
You were definetely conceived in LOVE!!! and Mother is with us every day, sending her love to us in different ways. Whether it be in form of butterflies, mockingbird that's chirping outside my door right now, or even that squirrel I almost ran over Saturday while we were riding. My first thought (after git outta the way) was of Mom!! I said "O.K. Mom" I will be very, very careful...on this motorcycle!! She's never far away from us with all the wonderful memories we have. Keep on writing you do it so well, "little Bobby"!! I love you dearly, T

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home